Feed the Need in Durham's COVID-19 Resource Guide
Active Foodbanks in Durham Region...
There are a number of active food banks available to support people who are facing food insecurity issues during COVID-19. These food banks can be found at the following link:
Support Services Map...
If you’re looking for help during this critical time and need directions to a service provider located in the Durham Region, please click on the link below:
Additional Resources in Durham Region...
This information is updated regularly by the Durham Gap Committee. Help to spread the news about where to find resources during the COVID-19 pandemic. Click on the link below:
Message to our Community about COVID-19
At Feed the Need In Durham we are working safely to minimize the impact of COVID-19.
We continue to work with our partners to provide food throughout Durham Region, and we have a team in place monitoring and responding to the situation. Nutritious food is critical to maintain good health, so it’s more important than ever to reach our neighbours in need.
The safety and well-being of our neighbours, partners, staff, visitors, and volunteers is top priority. We have created a comprehensive plan to address COVID-19.
Here are some of the measures we’re implementing to protect our community:
- We have implemented a “mask-required” policy and are adhering to social distancing guidelines.
- We will be rescheduling or canceling any in-person gatherings and meetings. For example, our team will be postponing any currently scheduled tours with groups, donors, etc.
- Our volunteer orientations and tours are temporarily suspended. We will offer virtual orientations instead.
- We ask all staff and volunteers to please take all necessary precautions if live with/care for someone who is immunocompromised. We support their decisions.
- We ask everyone to stay home if sick. Individuals who arrive on site with symptoms will be sent home.
- Please thoroughly and frequently wash your hands in compliance with our routine hand washing policy, and follow other guidelines provided by Durham Region around disease containment.
In times of uncertainty, we remain reassured by the community spirit of our incredible supporters, volunteers, donors and partners. FTND encourages the public to make online donations to allow us to be flexible in our response. Financial support will not only allow for neighbors and community members to stay at home, it will allow us to respond quickly as needed.
Members like you allow us to be swift in our daily response to hunger. We hope we can continue to count on your support in these challenging times.
Additional COVID-19 Information
Feed the Need in Durham would like to thank our COVID-19 Partners: