Where does our food come from?
Feed the Need in Durham receives amazing community support. Food, personal items, and funds are generously given by a wide variety of individuals, community groups, corporations, and charities. Each donor is invited to work with our staff to decide what is best for them. We gratefully accept food donations of any size, whether a grocery bag, a collection box, or numerous pallets of product, on a one-time, monthly, or weekly basis.
- A child donating food collected at a birthday party
- A business engaging employees through an inter-departmental food collection challenge
- A student leadership group running a school food drive
- A family collecting and donating food to demonstrate charity
- A food distribution centre making a twice weekly donation as part of inventory control
- A retail store inviting us to pick-up items not suitable for store shelves
- Food donations from Feed Ontario to be shared with our network
Feed the Need in Durham is always pleased to receive donations of any size. Each donation is essential to our mission allowing us to support emergency food providers throughout Durham Region.